Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

oval cut out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathie

Mechanical
Jun 18, 2004
US
I have a simple part that I am trying to find the best method to model.

Picture a flat sheet with an oval cut-out. Now it is not a straight thru cut out,
the material is indented around the cut only. Any suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So is this a sheetmetal dimple?

Best Regards,

Heckler

"Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups" John Kenneth Galbraith

Kathie,
If this is not a dimple then look in the help file under Sweep.

Profile and Path
• Profile . Sets the sketch profile (section) used to create the sweep. Select the profile sketch in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree. The profile must be closed for a base or boss sweep feature. The profile may be open or closed for a surface sweep feature.
• Path . Sets the path along which the profile sweeps. Select the path sketch in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree. The path can be open or closed, and can be a set of sketched curves contained in one sketch, a curve, or a set of model edges. The start point of the path must lie on the plane of the profile.

Bradley

Hi Heckler:

This has nothing to do with SW ---

I couldn't help observing that one should also not never underestimate the power of smart people in small groups (unknown, however, if noboy wants this one, I lay claims to it)

Regards

KROTH

Kroth,

You can have any saying you so desire as long as it falls within the agreement of this forum. I'm glad you like my saying it fits my current situation perfectly.

Best Regards,

Heckler

"Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups" John Kenneth Galbraith

Hi Heckler '

Just for the record, the reverse on your tag line was just meant as a joke, but I was struck by the unusual twist of meaning by just subbing opposites. OK

I don't claim or care to claim anything.

However, I don't get the meaning of your tagline in the context of this group. How about enlightenung me -

Thanks

Regards

kroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back