Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parametric Study Scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.

grnlan03

Mechanical
Feb 1, 2010
US
I am having a difficult time writing a python script file that will run a parametric study. The examples in the documentation are not wanting to run either.

Does anyone know of a place were I can see some examples of script or if there are any books out there that will be of assistant?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm am trying to run the example: Parametric study of a linear elastic pipeline under in-plane bending which is 1.1.3 in the abaqus example problems manual in the 6.9 documentation. The procedure I am using to run the file is as follows. I put all the .inp files and the .psf file in the same fold then set my working directory to this location. I try to run the script by going to file->run script and select the .psf file.

The error message I get is on line 52 of the .psf file and is "NameError: name 'ParStudy' is not defined"

I've never worked with these before but if you run it from the command line it looks like it works. I got the same error when I ran it through the CAE.

The command is: abaqus script=elbowtest

this syntax came from the analysis users manual 3.2.6

HTH Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back