Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pattern edge flange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick7571

Electrical
Mar 1, 2007
I am trying to pattern a couple of edge flanges from a part I drew, I am able to pattern a cut extrusion but it does not allow me to pattern the flanges
can this be done?
I am using SW2007
Thanks for your help

Ricardo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In SW09 I get this: "Unable to pattern the selected feature Edge-Flange1", so apparently the answer is no. You could make half of the flanges and mirror them if possible on your design though.

Flores

Ricardo, you can include more than one edge to flange in the edge flange feature, as long as they have the same properties of radius, position, relief, etc. This creates a sketch for each flange that can then be edited.

Diego

well that really sucks then
how about this instead, can you pattern a jog?
I tried it but it did not let me either (now, I would do it if there were only 5 tabs or so, but my part has about 50 and talk about a waste of time trying to draw each one individually)
Thanks for your replies

Ricardo

I was able to do it, but this bad boy was a difficult one
I could not do it using the sheet metal portion, I had to do extrusion and cut extrude the two flanges that form the punch, then I had to insert a bed so it would flatten the punch

Thanks everyone for all your input

Ricardo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back