Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcb mountable shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

unwiredo

Electrical
Oct 20, 2008
US
I have a sensitive part on my pcb that needs a quick and dirty mass produces shield can.

Does anyone know of an of a manufacturer that sells off the shelf designs??

I would like it solder mounted thru hole.

THanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If it is quick and dirty you need seems like you could stamp one out with some heavy foil. It would likely fit better than anything you could buy. This is only my tow cents, However, good luck.

I'm with xray... I would cut a quick and dirty die stamp to make your own shield. If the numbers are in the hundreds+, it would be more cost-effective to have someone else cut it.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

Thanks for the replies.

I really need a pre made gadget that is simple to install.

Alternatively i have decided to just re-layout the area of the board and hope for the best.

Its not an RF product but does have some sensitive low power signal measurements.

thanks

I found once an asian electric fence circuit with just a piece of PCB laying over a square made of thick copper cable, all soldered down to the PCB power plane. A desperate measure, though all parts inside the area were RF/dust/moisture safe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back