Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PDF Creation Options in NX9 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twullf

Mechanical
Jan 24, 2012
US
Some how on my current computer ( I recently switched) I do not have all the pdf options available, including adding watermark. I have found these options in the customer defaults -> gateway, however, current practice has us using a watermark for Work In Progress pdfs, and removing that for released drawings. I do not wish to enter customer defaults every time I need to change this and it was very convenient at the time.

I could have SWORN that the options were available on my old machine. But I have made sure I have the advanced role selected ( though I do not have the option "advanced with full menus" as there was in previous versions of the program.)

I'm sure there is a switch or option I am missing somewhere. As you can see in the attached image there are no arrows to open additional menu options.

Thanks in advance.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ec99d14f-6982-4b8c-85d9-8503eb8fc66b&file=UG_PDF_Export.PNG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have tried selecting the 'down arrow' at the very bottom of the dialog? When pointing 'down' this 'arrow' indicates that your dialog is in its 'Less' state. If you select it, toggling it to point 'up', the dialog will now be in its 'More' state where all of the options will be available.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Thanks but that's not it. The "watermark" was text that was entered on the pdf options. There was a check box next to watermark which allowed the user to easily select or deselect the option. In addition all of the options, currently under Gateway, were changeable on this interface.

I currently do not have an older version of the program installed so cannot get a screen shot of the older interface.

I believe it is similar to the banner option mentioned in that post, except the banner always placed the text above or below the drawing during plotting rather than across the center as the watermark would do.

John,

As shown in the image above, there is no down arrow. That is what I would have expected. My only conclusion is I need to activate those options somewhere.

Select the 'gear' icon in the upper left of the dialog and see if there's an option to 'Show Collapsed Groups'? If so, select it.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back