Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PEMB Erection Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpid

Structural
Mar 14, 2008
US
I am pulling together budget numbers for a proposed facility and I am trying to add a ballpark number for the erection costs of a PEMB. Suppliers have a tendency to spit out numbers like $5/SF, which seem a bit low. If anyone has a rule of thumb number I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sometimes, all you have to do is ask them if that includes installation. You're right, that number sounds low. If you have any finish requirements (like Kynar), insulation, doors, etc. that is probably not included.
And make sure you've included the foundation, slab, electrical, HVAC nad plumbing if they apply.

Thanks Jed,

Maybe I should be a little more clear. I am more concerned with the steel erection, girts, purlins, and metal panels.
Plain ole storage shed with half wall heights therefore there are not any openings.Pretty much as simple as it gets. The other items I have already priced. I just can not get a good number for the erection that I am comfortable with.

Thanks again

I understand. The PEMB supplier is the best one to get installation costs from. You'd be surprised how many people get the costs from the PEMB abd think that's it.

I can confirm that $5/sf based on research I've done.

That is bare bones PEMB numbers for the building only and does not include costs for foundation construction/design, HVAC, light switches, toilets, you get the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back