Performance Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWV

Industrial
Jul 6, 2006
ZA
Hi,

I recently started working at a printing factory as production manager. The company makes money, but no systems are in place. My plan of action is to determine where the factory is with OEE, set targets and work towards it.
My problem is: I would like to display visual goals and actuals. For now I can't get any money for fancy electronic/led display boards. Do anyone know what one can try out for this purpose? Also what stats is easy to understand for a operator and at the same time motivational?

LWV

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We utilize your basic bulletin boards placed in several areas of the shop floor. The stats you post are up to you. Some of them we use are:

Safety - Days without incident
Efficiency - Applied hours vs Standard hours
Quality - Product yield %
Scrap
Warranty
Backlog
Inventory Accuracy

Mostly Bar Charts with trend/goal lines are used as they are more readily seen from a distance. Printing them in color is a must. We also use a "status" area to indicate what lines are running smoothly, which are having problems requiring intervention, and which ones are down.

Regards,

White boards or notice boards on which graphs can be posted and things can be written on in pen then rubbed off work wonders. Very simple but does the trick.

For loads of ideas about visual management using indicators with the workforce etc. have a look at the following book,

The visual factory : building participation through shared information
GREIF,Michel ISBN: 0915299674

, it has some good ideas which can be tailored to suit your work environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back