Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ph control chemical & antifoam

Status
Not open for further replies.

hskk

Chemical
Dec 1, 2005
SG
hi, looking forward for anyone who is experienced in natural gas processing industry.
see below for my case.

gas dehydration design
natural gas flow rate: 110 MMSCFD
glycol circulation rate: 15 gpm
gas entering contactor at 97 F, 855 psig
CO2 content< 5%

questions posted by my client,
1) pH control chemical initial fill and daily consumption in gas dehydration? (I know this would depend on the solution ph value)
2) antifoam initial fill and daily consumption in TEG system.(I know this would differ case by case)

I am totally new in this industry. Does anyone know how can I predict the PH in glycol solution and how much degraded glycol will be generated (in order to determine how much antifoam to be used)? (I would need to provide some quantitative answers to my cliet.)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Gas dehydration using TEG

I would need to determine the flow rate of the ph control chemical (borax) to the dehydration system. but first, I would need to know how to estimate the PH for the TEG solution.

the pH control chemical will be injected to the flash drum (is this the best place to inject the chemical?). the molar compositions coming out from the flash shall be as below.

co2 0.00695
methane 0.00025
ethane 0.00127
propane 0.00054
H2O 0.29357
TEG 0.69393

operating conditions in flash drum
flow rate 820 lb/hr
temp = 121.6 F
pressure = 29 psig

is there any softwares to estimate the ph for the solutions?

On the other hand, I would need to determine how much antifoaming agent to inject (silicone emulsions). Can someone tell me how and what is the procedure to estimate the flow rate? my client want to have an estimation dosing rate so that they can size their pump before the plant start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back