Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PhotoWorks Contest Voting for August

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockguy

Mechanical
Oct 1, 2002
US
Hey, quit rushing things ... Winter lasts too long up here. The official end of Summer isn't till Sept 21st. [smile]

[cheers]

Summer is still here in southern California as well. I can't remember the last time it was this hot and humid. [flame]

I'm glad I'm up north. Heat and humidity kill me. We're seeing daytime temps between 65-80, cool nights at 45-50 and we've had some really nice clear blue skies over the last month. Good Harley riding weather!

I'd tell you guys to move to Vermont but this state has too many issues to give that kind of advice. ;)

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
Eastern Region SWUGN Representative SW 2007 SP 2.0

Vermont is beautiful and I would love it for the next few weeks...then I wouldn't know how to act. My children barely know what snow is, much less how to actually "Play" in it! Fuel oil? I like my shoes...why do I have to put tennis rackets on my feet? There's a room...under the house? WOW! This shovel is HUGE! Why is the rain moving so slowly? And then I'm sure there would be some comment about Bob-the-Builder and snow plows!

Garland E. Borowski, PE
Borowski Engineering & Analytical Services, Inc.
Lower Alabama SolidWorks Users Group
Magnitude The Finite Element Analysis Magazine for the Engineering Community

Summer never actually arrived in the UK this year. I've always fancied going to Vermont in the fall. Looks gorgeous in the photos I've seen.

We've been in the mid-70s during the day with cool nights of low 50s up here in the Colorado mountains (rural Wescliffe, ~9,030' high). I sure don't miss what we left in Mesa, AZ of 112 and high humidity (for 112)--they've had a very tough August.

Now to check out the August rendering results. ..

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

Just wait, Theo. In a couple of weeks the aspens and scrub oaks will start changing, and that Wet Mountain Valley of yours will be beautiful. This is absolutely my favorite time of year in Colorado. Sorry for the hijacked thread, Rob.

Dan

I keep telling myself I'll post some photos (and start a blog to do so), but I'm so far behind in my work after the move, that's just not happening for a while. But I sure look forward to seeing the change of seasons. (The seasons in Phoenix are warm, hot, crazy, and hot.)

Rob, I keep doing the same regarding the rendering contest--haven't been able to make the time to produce anything yet. Thanks for providing a forum in which to do so. Lots of people seem to improve quite a lot through your format and I like to see what's going on there.

Jeff Mowry

Thanks for the hospitality, Theo. I don't get down there as much as I would like. I think the Sangres are one of the most spectacular ranges in Colorado. I have no doubt that you'll enjoy every day this fall.

Dan

Well, I'm running a business here. Come drop by the "office" and enjoy the view a bit. Covered deck looking west at that view of about 10' x 35' (sometimes hard to get work done). I'll give you directions if you contact me directly. Bonnie's an excellent cook, too.

Fall's coming soon. ..

Jeff Mowry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back