Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIC Chip Programming 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nornrich

Mechanical
Jun 12, 2002
US
I am looking for a good website that gives the fundamentals for programming PIC microcontrollers. Any sites you can point me to would be appreciated.

Rich...[atom]

Richard Nornhold, PE
nornrich@redrose.net

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Madcow,

I too worked with the UYK 20 by Sperry Univac as a Navy Fire Control Tech. I remember well punching in data a few bits at a time. In my application the program emulated the old analog MK 47 Gun computer; gears, synchros, servos, ball and disk integrators, resolvers, tube or transistor amplifiers, and many dials and hand cranks. All this to put a bullet in the same space as a target at the same time 12 miles away. Taking in consideration; ships movement, target movement, projectile initial velocity, winds, fuse time, and earth's rotation. Quite an accomplishment in it's time.

Just a little history of the roots of modern computing.

This is funny, I too worked with the UYK 20 but in a different way. My first job out of school was working on design of the UHG 60 which was the data backup system for the UYK 20 utilizing quarter inch tape cartridges. I remember all the manual data input from the front panel via toggle switches.

My favorite switch on the UYK 20 and UHG 60 was the "Battle Short" switch. It basically would bypass most of the safety circuitry so the system could continue operating under extreme conditions. Now that I'm feeling nostalgic I think I might design a Battle Short switch into my latest treadmill design!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back