Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pig Trap and Pig Launcher Package Suppliers 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phemmy47

Petroleum
Jun 23, 2006
CH
I need contacts details for Pig Trap and Pig Launcher Package Suppliers - Could anyone please assist by sending me information on reliable companies for these items?
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Taylor Forge in Kansas furnished launchers and receivers on a project a few years ago. Search for the closure that you prefer and specify it before you issue the inquiry. Assure that you define compatible and incompatible o-ring material too. When the closure o-ring material furnished by Taylor Forge was determined to be incompatible with the sour gas, Taylor would not replace the o-ring on their nickel. This is a very large o-ring the cercumference of the closure.

The TDW launcher is pretty cool (I especially like the closure on the big-inch equipment). I would use a launcher for both launching and receiving since the bypass is too close to the barrel-isolation valve on the receiver.

David

Take a look at my web site under "Samples", there is a document called "Rules of Thumb for Gathering System Equipment" that has descriptions of all the components of a launcher and receiver.

David Simpson, PE
MuleShoe Engineering
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

The harder I work, the luckier I seem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back