Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Pipe Stress Engineering 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
LSThill,
Your response just confirms my statement so why post??? Pointless!!

unclesyd, I have not seen 1 pipe stress program that did NOT use offsets. You name it - Caesar II, Autopipe, Triflex, Caepipe, Simflex.. each and every one appears to use offset dimensions for input.. and as I understand it, they've always offered offset dimensions for input from day 1. As I understand it, the original developer of Pipeplus sold it to Algor in the 90's and shortly thereafter left. I have heard that Pipeplus was the 1st pipestress software program to pioneer Excel-like spreadsheet piping input, and from what I have seen, that appears to be true..

We just ordered Peng's book. For those who don't know, please be aware that ASME's system for pdf book versions is very, very onerous. Any book or standard purchased as a pdf will 'lock' onto the first PC it is installed, and you cannot pass it to other engineers one-at-a-time. Zero portability after you pay the money. That's why we're ordering book versions rather than pdf.

T.L. "Alvin" Peng used to work for KBR in Houston and has periodically worked with his dad L.C. in developing the Simflex program.

Zippy....

Thank you for that warning on the ASME .pdf purchase trick.

I have repeatedly found that the ASME organization repeatedly "almost" tells you all necessary details about a purchase.

Responsible honesty and quality customer service has been an "iffy" item with them for many years.

My opinion only

-MJC

802854-PIPE STRESS ENGINEERING
ISBN: 978-0-79-180285-4
scheduled delivery date of 12/15/2009

L S THILL

I think the original PipePlus (before it was renamed with that tag) was written by Mike Chin from Houston.

ALGOR is now owned by Autodesk and I believe they are offering a limited time free download of the most recent manifestation of the piping software.

Its a long story.

John

Hi JohnBreen (Mechanical)

History ALGOR in the erly 1990 when TONY PALUIN did the support for the ALGOR software and ALGOR handle FE/Pipe.

After TONY PALUIN, in the mide 1990 left their was very little support for ALGOR SOFTWARE.

JohnBreen (Mechanical), PAULIN RESEARCH GROUP NEW PIPE STRESS SOFTWARE IS VERY NICE.

JohnBreen (Mechanical)PLEASE GIVE PAULIN RESEARCH GROUP NEW PIPE STRESS SOFTWARE A TEST.

JOHN, THANK YOU
Stephen
Leonard Stephen Thill

There was once was an engineer named Peng
who worked in Monsanto Central Eng.
His efforts abound
About things that are round
and all who worked with him on piping.

I couldn't stand the stress any more ...Had to do it. 8<)

JohnBreen,
I recently ran across some old notes where I had talked with "Mike" about running Pipe Plus, glad to find out his last name. There was a note where he told us he had sold the software to Algor. This was back in the old 286 days and when you talked about running an analysis you meant running and running, hours.

I also found out the Peng in my original post was the Peng referred to in the post by racookpe1978. If I recall it was Pat Peng.

racookpe1978 (Nuclear) 27 Jun 09 11:19
REFERENCE TO YOUR MWK

If you need: & IF IN HOUSTON
MWK-1941, DESIGN OF PIPING SYSTEM, 10,032 KB
MWK-1956, DESIGN OF PIPING SYSTEM, 119,482 KB

L S THILL

Overseas right now, won't be back in the US until (probably) the first weekend in January.

Reference your 1941 and 1956 values, are those saved sizes?

racookpe1978 (Nuclear) 27 Jun 09 11:19 REFERENCE TO YOUR MWK If you need: & IF IN HOUSTONMWK-1941, DESIGN OF PIPING SYSTEM, 10,032 KBMWK-1956, DESIGN OF PIPING SYSTEM, 119,482 KB

yes: Reference your 1941 and 1956 values, are those saved sizes?

Intergraph® Acquires COADE®, Leading Stress Analysis Software Provider

Intergraph®, the world’s leading provider of enterprise engineering software to the process, power, and marine industries, has acquired COADE® Holdings Inc., provider of CAESAR II®, PV Elite™ and TANK™ products, the industry’s most widely used software for pipe stress, pressure vessel, and storage tank analysis, as well as its popular CADWorx® plant design suite.

The strategic acquisition of COADE is Intergraph’s largest in the process, power, and marine market. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The acquisition will expand Intergraph’s SmartPlant® Enterprise engineering solution suite by bringing together the world leaders in plant design and pipe stress analysis. The expansion of Intergraph’s SmartPlant Enterprise design, construction, and data management solutions with COADE’s analysis offerings creates a powerful software solution that will provide users in the marketplace with unmatched capabilities.

The acquisition of the Houston-based software provider also extends Intergraph’s market presence and ability to serve smaller projects with COADE’s CADWorx solution, a modular, AutoCAD-based 3D plant design system. Intergraph is ranked as the No. 1 worldwide 3D design and process engineering tools (PET) provider according to the PET Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast through 2013 by the ARC Advisory Group.

For more information about the COADE acquisition, please visit .

Ordered my copy from Amazon.

So Intergraph picked up another victim (er, company) eh? Hope they leave Coade alone, though that's doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back