Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIPING STRESS ANALYSIS MODEL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabir

Mechanical
Jul 17, 2002
SA
I have modelled a piping system in CAESAR-II. While error checking it gives an error message " Bend Angle 45.000 specified for the bend element 75 to 80 is within 5.00 Deg of the bend far end point.Either use the bend far end point,node 80, or move the specified node more than 5.00 Deg away from the end point."
How to take care of this error.Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi prabir,
I have had the same problem, and it is generally that the node that you have selected I presume for a support position on a bend other than a 90deg bend is too close to the end or start point of the bend. If you are sure that the angle that you selected is correct then change the set-up file to a smaller deg. You can also set the angle to M for the middle of the bend. The formular for bend dimensions is T=R*tan(angle/2) T being the length along the pipe for the radius to end & the straight section to start. When you go and delete the bend selection in Caesar it is best to delete the intire node and then reinsert it as I have found that Caesar retains the bend nodes in it's memory when you delete the bend selection and re-select it.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back