piping stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipeline1972

Mechanical
Apr 22, 2004
US
Hello! This is my first post here..

My question is: where can i find useful information about piping flexibility and stress?
I already have lots of theoretical stuff, i have the ASME and other documentation, but i can't find anything practical about simplified analysis. It's all theory, but i'm looking for simple "cases", with calculations, without the need of an $$$ software.

Maybe someone can recommend me a good book?

Thanks for your help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I agree with CRG that the "Grinnell" book is a good one.

As for my favorites, I rely on two (2) texts:

1) "Design of Piping Systems", (c)1956 M.W. Kellogg Company
Library of Congress No. 56-5573.

2) "Introduction to Pipe Stress Analysis",(c)1986 Sam Kannappan, ISBN No.0-89464-706-7.

The first text is out-of-print...I obtained my copy, after an "off-and-on" seven-year search, from a rare book dealer.

The second text I readily obtained off-the-shelf at a techinical book store, so I presume that it should not be as difficult to locate as the first text.

Best of Luck to you...hope you find exactly what you are looking for.

Pete

Check out for a new & used book search. There's a copy of the Kellogg book on there now. Every now and then one will drift through eBay. That's where I found mine a couple of years ago.

If you're looking for some quick & simple stuff on expansion loops, etc, try Rip Weaver's "The Piper's Pocket Handbook".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back