Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plant Supply/Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasistlos

Mechanical
Aug 12, 2002
DE
I have only recently started working on project management and this question for me is simulative.
I have to plan for the supply and installation of a Galvanizing Plant, including expertise and tools/equipment required for the plant installation. How best do i go about this, as my personal ideas appear to me very elementary?
Is it practicable to actually package simple work tools required, as the client has stated that he has nothing on ground?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To what extent are you familiar with the Project Management Institute's "Project Management Body of Knowledge" (PMBOK)?

While not a comprehensive reference on "all things project management", it does provide a world-class project management process suite.

Link to it within an excerpt is available for free download, and you can buy the entire tome from the PMI bookstore, or other purveyors.

Your posting includes a lot of gray area, but if I'm interpreting correctly, you may find you're not all that far off the mark with your judgement/intuition, and may only lack a means to effectively organize/structure it -- PMBOK will provide you with a superior means to understand how to do just that.

Dear Mainepepmp,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. You may be wrong to say that the PMBOK does not provide world class solutions because a person can recieve vital and usefull information but only how he applies this exposure would determine the success of his work.

It might please you to know that i have also gotten over my initial worries and problems with the Galvanizing project and i find that nearly all questions have solutions, you only have to search!

Now i am engrossed in a very interesting steel project and therefore also reading a lot of publications on steel structural engineering.

Wasistlos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back