Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

plating tolerance 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebk

Mechanical
Mar 15, 2007
US
We typically specify zinc plating according to ASTM B633 including the thickness of the plating. We do not specify a tolerance for the thickness and I haven't been able to find anything that indicates what "standard" tolerances are for zinc electroplating.

Does anybody have any standards or experience with this you would be willing to share?

Thanks!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've compiled about as much as I could in the my extra time over the past week or so regarding plating in the attached updated excel file. Though data is accurate, this should be treated as a tertiary reference, and not used for critical operations without checking the appropriate standards. If there is missing information you can fill in or corrections necessary, please feel free to modify the file and attach to a posting on eng-tips in this forum.

Matt
CAD Engineer/ECN Analyst
Silicon Valley, CA
sw.fcsuper.com
Co-moderator of Solidworks Yahoo! Group

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=aa7d638f-27c1-43f6-8ffe-d7d6e8df1d60&file=MetalPlatingRef.zip
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back