Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLIST_IGNORE_MEMBER or PLIST_IGNORE_SUBASSEMBLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubalibre000

Mechanical
Jan 27, 2006
IT
Hi,
I'm not able to obtain the right result.
I make the drawing of a motor with all components in the part list for our internal use. (motor drawing.png)

Now I make a drawing for our customer (spare part list) where the motor is included as sub-assembly.
I don't want to show all motor components, because we sell the motor, not the single component.
Which is the property to set to the motor .prt so in her drawing all components are listed in the part list, but if the motor is used as sub-assembly. (machine drawing.png)

I would like that every time I add this motor on an assembly, the part list consider the motor as a single component.

Thank you...

Using NX 8 and TC8.3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does your machine drawing have subassemblies that you only want the subcomponents showing up in the parts list? If not, in the first picture you see the levels settings for the parts list, I'm betting you'll get what you want if you select the "show top levels only" option.

Hi,
think a automatic machine were in the assembly there are different type of sub-assembly.
There are sub-assembly like the motor that I don't want that the part list show her component and there are sub-assembly that I want to show only her components.
This type of sub-assembly are dummy sub-assembly.
Usually are sub-assembly created for convenient reuse or because they follow the real BOM.
I can't use the first levels part list option for this reason.

Thank you...

Using NX 8 and TC8.3

If you're allowed to, once you have these reuse subassemblies in possition you can yank the components out (dropping them into the top level assembly) and get rid of the subassembly (without saving the subassembly of course), that would allow you to use the "show top level only" option without having to go through each part that you want to add the PLIST attritbutes to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back