Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plotting and CFD Pressure input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramin88

Mechanical
Jul 27, 2012
GB
Hi Guys

fortunately i was able to deal with the problem that i had up to now somehow.
Basically after running my model, I'm interested to get a simple plot of showing how deformation/deflection happened (i.e. changes in coordinated before and after the simulation), lets say from the bottom of the part to the top, so I would be able to show my result to my supervisor. How would I be able to get such a Plot...?
(If any one knows I can supply the file as well)
And the other things that I wanted to ask is that, Is it possible to import the pressure file obtained in a CFD package into abaqus, basically they are as a .txt file and show the pressure for each node...?

Cheers
Ramin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ramin,

If you would like to have a contour of the deformed object go to result> deformed variable , also it is maximum and minimum spot of deformation can be shown (countor option> limitation)

About your next question, the simplest way is creating a table based on .txt file for each nodes and set that table for the input of pressure on the node. In a case of having too many nodes, it is not recommended.

In addition, I'd like to know if you have experience in Fluid solid interaction in Abaqus

Regards,

-Mahsa

Mahsaa

thanks for the respond,
but those things that you and IceBreakerSours mentioned were just obvious and already I knew about them.
but anyway at the moment im trying to sort my other problems that i have...lol
and unfortunately im not that pro in Abaqus, dont know much about fluid/solid interaction
what i can say is that if you are not lazy then Abaqus Manual is the way to go, too much too read but at the end you will find it useful.

Regards
Ramin

Ramin,
There is no good manual for FSI, I just asked you because I saw you are familiar in CFD. By the way, u can attach your .inp.
GOOD LUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back