Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Point title block info back to excel...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dr

Automotive
Jul 10, 2004
US
I know how to present attribute data in my formats but is there a way to place that info in spread sheet or text file?

The goal is to have an entire project with drafting sheets spread out over many files all looking in one common editable location.

I thought I had read that this is doable at one point but have forgoten when and where.

this would be a big asset for me and any help much appreciated!

TIA
Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could make a pattern file of your title block for each project. Then use that pattern on each drawing. This what we do and it works pretty well.

Okay,

Assuming that you're using master model method. If you have attributes in your component files then they can be used to populate parts lists on the drawing, but if you have attributes in your drawing files then they don't necessarily feed back in the opposite direction.

If you populate either a parts list or your assembly navigator with columns that reference the correct attributes for materials, descriptions etc then you should be able to export that data to a spreadsheet, or at least a delimited text file that you can bring in to one.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

You can export to a spreadsheet or text file, but it will not create a link to the data; ie if/when your data changes you will need to export again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back