Portland Bridge Design Firms

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancmm

Structural
Dec 4, 2009
US
Hi all,
I'm looking to move to the Portland, OR area later this year. As such, I'm currently beginning to research prospective employers and I would hope that somebody could assist in pointing me in the right direction. Specifically, company names or contacts related to bridge or marine structures engineering would be much appreciated. I'm not too familiar with the area so any guidance is helpful.
Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

TY Lin is the only I know of off hand. I think their offices are located in Beaverton, OR which is the largest suburb of Portland.

This isn't my field, I work mostly in the Heavy Industry field as a ME PE, but if you have questions feel free to ask away.

One thing to seriously consider, while the commuter traffic in Portland is not bad, where you live in relation to your job can drastically change your commute.

this message has been approved for citizen to elect kepharda 2008

HNTB has a small portland office
CH2M Hill (I think CH2M Hill has the largest bridge presence in Oregon, not fancy briges, but overpasses etc.. Much CH2M Hill's bridge group is in Corvallis, but they have a large Portland Office. CH2M Hill also does marine structures)
David Evans & Associates (DEA has the 2nd biggest brige presence in Oregon)
TY Lin (I think TY Lin's bridge group is in Salem)

Who's doing the big jobs depends on the contracts for that year.

There are many other prominent west cost structural firms in the area:
Degenkolb
KPFF
Nishkian Dean
DCI

If there are other area specifics you'd like to know, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back