post builder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnc07

Aerospace
Aug 14, 2007
US
Hi,
I would like to know if post-builder has some advanced capabilities such as local coordinates transformation along with vector manipulation capabilities?
If not then does it have advanced math functions like cross product , dot product and finding inverse of matrices, etc..
Does post builder allow to include c++ dlls for such advanced custom functions? If so,then are there any known limitaions or bugs?
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are many math routines built in to tcl and the post base files.
You can also extend the post with your own program using MOM_run_user_function.

Mark Rief
NX CAM Customer Success
Siemens PLM Software

Mark,
Thanks for the reply.
I was looking to set up the Euler angles and I believe this option is not available yet. However, I found all other functions I was looking for in the base files. I wanted to set Euler angles dynamically based upon the tool's current position and output G68.2 option.
A couple of years ago, I wrote this routine in VB for catia and last year I converted it into c++ to use it with a 6-axis post for icam campost. Now all I have to do is convert the routine into tcl for the postbuilder.
Thanks again for the tips.

Have you checked all the mom variables? I would expect everything to be there. You might also look through the simulation samples for one that uses G68.2, and see how the post is set up.

Mark Rief
NX CAM Customer Success
Siemens PLM Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back