Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Postbuilder question

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstra

Automotive
Apr 25, 2005
GB
I have a queation about postbuilder.
I want to modify an existing postprocessor.
I am using the *.pui file. You can change the custom commands by postbuilder.
Now I want to modify the content of proc MOM_msys { } which isn't an custom command but exists in the tcl-file.
I want to modify it by postbuilder for future modifications.
Is it possible to change this proc by postbuilder?
If so, how?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You have 2 options.

You can add the procedure to your post and then change it. When your posting the system will use the one in the post as it will be the last one encountered. You can also source a file that has the custome commands you use for multiple posts. When you post and the system passes the procerdures what ever procedure is last wins.

John Joyce
Tata Technologies
1675 Larimer St.
Denver, CO

NX5,6, 7 Solid Works, Solid Edge

1)create a new procedure in postbuilder (custom commands). Use uplevel create the MOM_msys procedure within the uplevel. Place the new procedure as the first item in start of program.

2)use a user tcl file then you only need to put in the MOM_msys (without uplevel). You can activate the user tcl file within postbuilder.

What option to choose is a matter of personal preference. Option 2 is a good idea when you want to change the same procedure for multiple postprocessors. The first option keeps everything in one tcl file.

Jelmerra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back