Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

postbuilder showing files that cannot be seen elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primoz32

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2009
SI
I have a strange problem with postbuilder

System is running NX7 on Windows Vista 64bit. What is happend is that when i changed postprocesor in postbuilder, postprocessing has not changed a bit. So i did a little research and created a new postprocessor from the existing one, but i cannot see new postprocessor file from NX, not even from windows explorer. Also tried to run both as Administrator, i thing that exclude permission issue as my problem, or not??

Is this windows permission problem or postbuilder bug?

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Two things are most likely going on...

Your saving the post to a different location and the list of posts is not showing its location.

When you post from NX, are you Browsing for the post from the selection window or simply using the displayed list? Go Browse for it then highlight it. Reason being if you created a new post it remembers the location of the old one in that list. Years back, I had two posts with the same name in two different locations - drove me a bit bonkers till figured out I kept posting with the same post. Also you need to include it's location in the template_post.dat file.

--
Bill

Hi,
I am in the quagmire of NX3 to NX6 Post upgrade so I know your pain....

Anyway, if you want to be able to browse where to save your posted NC file then add: UGII_CAM_PTP_BROWSER=1 into the ugii_env.dat file in the \NX60\UGII folder.

When you post the Output File option will be active.
Unsurprisingly this is not a UGS supported function!

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back