Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prefab Wood Trusses

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulino

Structural
Oct 10, 2002
US
Hello-
This is my first time posting here, although I've come here many times to read great posts and responses.

I was wondering if anyone knows of an outfit that does prefab wood trusses in the Metro area? The client is requesting this, and I've never done it/used anyone before..any recommendations for or against? any names?

Thanks!
Karen

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry back at you, I'm in the midwest! Try the local lumberyards they would know who the truss manufacturers are in your area. I would also bet that they are in the yellow pages too, or find them on the web.

Do you have a special design requirment?

I'll give google and yellow pages a try..but if anyone has used an outfit that they were happy with/or would discourage from using, please let me know.
It's nothing elaborate..just a modified English or Howe truss. I would appreciate any suggested outfits. Thanks again.
Karen

I have dealt extensively with National Lumber in the Boston area with excelent results. I do not know how far they ship, you might call them and see if they have any local companies that they deal with. These days with CAD and email it really doesn't matter where they are.

gulino,

the closest manufacturer (that i know of) is about 60 miles NNW of the metro area. he is in grahamsville, NY.

bob can be reached at 845-985-7006

the name of the company is grey's woodworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back