Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pressure Vessel Courses in South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Contact Dave Wickham or Andrew Taylor at Chempute Software.

Dave Wickham
Chempute Software
PO Box 856
Kloof 3640 South Africa
Phone 27-31-764-6840
FAX 27-31-764-5934
E-Mail: sales@chempute.com
Web:
They distribute both Codeware and Coade vessel design software and may offer design classes.

The fellow who teaches vessel design courses for ASME in the USA sometimes provides the same course(s) outside the USA. Perhaps Chempute can arrange for him to come (although there are certainly well-qualified people in South Africa who can teach this).

Also, a scientific institute in India says they provide a correspondence course in vessel design. It actually sounds pretty good. Check it out at

Thanks guys,

I have contacted SAIMechE and SAIW, unfortunately nothing is planned for the rest of this year. The company I work for has both CodeCalc, Compress & Optivessel. I'm sure as part of our license fee, hopefully, they can arrange a course?

Otherwise Tom, I'm seriously going to look into the indian thing!

Dave

David,

it's one of the problems we seem to have here. There are very few vessel designers around. Typically most are sitting in companies that are bidding against each other for the same work, thus the exchange of knowledge is limited (or non-existant). You might also consider contacting the AIA's, they my be able to help. also there are a number of good books available that will give worked examples covering most aspects of the code. Most of us have learned the hard way - through sometimes bumping our heads, though I think that is typical for most.
Good luck
John

The SAIMechE are in the throws of preparing some courses on basic PV design. But these won't be available until next year.

Bart Bartholomew
Pr Eng
Nautilus Engineers
Chairman SAIMechE KZN

Bart Bartholomew
Pr. Eng (mech)
Nautilus Engineers

Do a search using Google for these two files cds12instruct.pdf and cds12partic.pdf
Instructor and partic ASME Pressure Vessel Courses

Contact David Shklaz at Engineering Systems

David Shklaz
Engineering Systems
PO Box 84691
Greenside 2034
South Africa
Phone: 27-11-782-7304
Fax: 27-11-888-5806
E-Mail: Info@optivessel.com
Web:
They have developed the Optivessel software which covers:
Pressure Vessels
Heat Exchangers
Storage Tanks
To various International standards

So for sure they will be able to assist you with training on Pressure vessel design

Bartholomew69 (Mechanical),

Please e-mail me when you guys have set an official date for the upcoming courses. We may send 3 guys from our co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back