Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Pressure vessels for use in Europe, Asia,Arab countries, South America 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheops

Mechanical
Jan 19, 2003
Hi. I am located in Canada. We need to ship a demonstration unit containing pressure vessels, to Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, Brazil, Egypt, India, Algeria, and possibly other Arab countries (Saudi Arabia, etc...).

Would anyone have information regarding the local regulations for design approval and for inspection of pressure vessels.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Europe uses PED. Rest I don't know. The issue is complicated since this is not just code but also legislation. There might be specific requirements imposed in any of these locations. I suggest you should consult your local contacts/agents in those areas and get them to support you.

Putting Human Factor Back in Engineering

The list of all the requirements,some of the Code rules,and the forms are on the HSBCT Customer Website.

Bit of a plug,but be prepared for alot of search hours otherwise.

Do you have Sales Contacts in the countries? Good place to start.

Thanks, VeryPicky. Thanks, deanc. The info on HSBCT website is very good. Will contact the HSB regional offices to get more info. As for Europe, will contact one of the approved Inspection Agencies.

In Brazil we use NR13 to inspectioning and approval of pressure vessels, chack on google n youl'll find a lot of about, I don't know if it's written in english or french, if you have troubles let me know.

luizhenrique_99@yahoo.com

Luiz

Brazil

Luiz,
Does NR13 require compliance with ASME Code Section VIII Div. 1? Do you have to submit drawings to the authorities for a design review or acceptance? Can you indicate who should we contact to inquire about design review, inspection, certificaiton, etc...

Many thanks.

another source of info is the business liason with the State Department.

they have people that deal with these issues in a more local flavor and can give you leads for some contacts.

they can also let you know the financial atmosphere of projects that are ongoing or recently past and how they faired financially with the particular country's economy.

cheops,

Most of the countries in the world require vessel's design approval by the local authority, testing and inspecting to the local codes and standards, including third party reviews and inspections, registration with the local authorities prior to operate the equipment. There are countries like India that do not require any registration or approvals from local authorities, but they rely heavily on reputed international inspection agencies for design review and fabrication documentation review/approval. Country like Australia require re-hydrotesting of the vessel designed to ASME VIII in accordance with AS 1210 ( the Australian code require a bit higher hydrotest pressure), ditto the germans...
As you see, lots of different requirements overseas...

Cheers,

gr2vessels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back