Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing/plotting NX5

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster29

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2008
US
Hi,

We are just learning NX5 after using I-DEAS for many years. The modeling part is going OK, but plotting is confusing. The help file for Plotting refers to the "NX Print dialog -? Printer tab" but doesn't tell you where to find it in the menus. How do I get there?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

File -> Plot brings up the Plot dialog to create a quick plot of your display area. Click the Advanced Plot icon on this dialog to bring up the NX Print dialog for more options.

File -> Print is only available on Windows platforms, I THINK, and it's only a screen dump of the display, not a true plot to scale as above.

If you cannot see these two items in the File pulldown menu, then you need to change your Role to Advanced with Full Menus and make sure to save the layout at exit, which is an ON/OFF setting found under Preferences -> User Interface -> Layout tab.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back