Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in creating a specific shape. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SORJM

Computer
Apr 5, 2016
IN
2018-07-31_13-41-53_ihxlmk.jpg

I want to create above type of shape in Nx 11. To create this I have created two sketches. No guides are provided to do so. The cut should be normal to profiles. I am attaching the file where I have drwan everything but stuck at creating the above shape. Please help me in this regard.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Kneubaecker for the reply. As you know I am unable to open NX 12 file so could not understand the total process. I created perpendicular lines on the Rectangle end but how to create perpendicular lines at circle end.

You can make D what ever value you want. I created an expression called D and used that for the value of all the dimensions. You can now just edit the expression D and all the points will move. You may find that you do not want them to all be the same and you can just place individual dimensions. You will have to try different values to find your optimal result. Yes D is a linear dimension.

Can you explain what this is for?

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back