Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROBLEM WITH INCLUDED ARC IN NEW SKETCHER

Status
Not open for further replies.

pencilgeek

Industrial
Nov 11, 2010
US
Is anyone else having problems with included arcs in a sketch not updating related geometry? Not having any issues with included points or lines. When the original arc (part of another sketch) is changed, the included arc changes per the original, but any relations to that included arc do not.

For example, I have an arc in a newer sketch that is coincident and equal (or concentric and equal radius in the old sketcher) to an included curve that was created from an arc in an older sketch. I then edit the older sketch and move the arc any distance in any direction. When I exit the sketch, the newer sketch has not updated per the previous move. Here's the really weird part, the actual included arc moves to the new location, but the geometric relations don't update. I have tried both non persistent and persistent relations and I get the same behavior.

Running 1973

Thanks
Chuck

Edit:
I added a screen dump with some notes to help explain the problem. There are two point on curve relations that fail to update and causes the sketch to throw an error and says that the sketch is no longer fully defined. I really hope that we are just doing something wrong and we can just change our mindset on how we sketch. But if it is a problem with the sketcher, then it is a real problem because it does not give you any warnings that your part geometry is not what it is supposed to be.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may have better results posting on the official Siemens NX community page.
The person that heads the sketcher team frequently responds to posts there.

you can still opt out of using the new sketcher. though for how long? who knows.
Goto File-> Ultilites-> Eary access feature -> Use the classic solver and UI for sketching
switch to ON

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back