Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with low pessuer air compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnky

Automotive
May 20, 2005
US

I am on a six month deployment for the navy, and we are asking for help with one of our lpac's it is a (if my E-7 is right) a nexie 100 built by ricks. It is a screw type comperssor that has an injection water type seat to it. It uses a cyclone type seperator, and a air dehydrator later on down the line. We are getting a constant high dew point fault, and all we can do for now is drain it down, and run it until the fault comes back. We are wondering how to stop this fault.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To start, I am NOT familiar with the LPAC that you describe.
However, some problems are common to most screw or vane compressors. A few questions.

Where is the "fault" analysis determined, at the seperator or at the service air outlet?
If at the service outlet, check the dryer operation (refrigerated dryer, I assume, and not an aftercooler).
Does the unit have a receiver or, if so, is it large enough?
Does the receiver have a functioning auto drain?
Has the seperator been serviced, lubricant and filter changed on schedule?
Is the unit set for 'constant run' or 'intermittant' (off and on on demand)?
If 'intermittant', does the unit have an 'auto drain' at the seperator and is it in functioning condition?

I've been away for several years, but perhaps I'll remember something useful...then again!

Rod

I will find out all of that info for you. For now I doknow that the unit does have a large enough reciever, and it runs in an intermittant mode sort of. It runs loaded, and unloaded. It unloads at 125 psi, and loads at 115 psi. I believe the auto drain is on the reciever, and the seperator. The seperator is a cyclonic unit with no moving parts, however the refrigerated dryer may be a little out of service. The people that work on it are not exactly AC and R techs, and I am not sure if anyone knows exactly how to adjust, or calibrate that particular unit. Like I said I will find out all the info that you requested,and get back to you.

Sorry it is a dresser rand twin screw type compressor. It has no auto drain on the reciever, but it does have one on the cyclone seperator. It is in opererating condition. This is all that I know for now, and if you need moer please ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back