Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems exporting at I-deas 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

asfede

Mechanical
Jul 10, 2007
AR
Hello, I have the following problem with the I-deas 10. I exported in IGES file a model and CATIA, but when I give the order to export appears a message that can not execute this function.
When I exported to IGES can not do that and instead see the following message: "Server IO is not enabled (To enable, disconnect
SDRC_OI_OFF). "
However when I want to export to CATIA I can not do it and the following message appears:
"The server Open I-DEAS unavailable.
To run this product, you should:
1.) Exit I-DEAS
2.) Typing "export SDRC_OI_ON = 1"
3.) Restart I-DEAS
NOTE: If this product often used, you can add
"Export SDRC_OI_ON = 1" file to your home. "

It seems clear how to solve this problem according to what I indicated I-deas, but that folders and files should I seek to modify these files?
In what ways have you done?
Thanks for the help.
Greetings.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You will get that message too when the open ideas server is not running. There is an old thread how to go about this the solution depends on the os (unix/windows).

jelmer

Seeking to import a file. CATProduct of Catia v5 I get the following message:
"Open I-deas initialization failed because ORB initialization timed out. The most likely reason for this is that one of the Orbix services is not responding. It is recommended that you terminate I-deas inmediately and chekc whether the Orbix service are working"

How can I solve this problem?

Excuse my ignorance, and little English, but which is the root directory? C: EDS/IDEAS10?, I look inside this directory orbix.exe? Either install again from the CD's Installation of the software?
I appreciate your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back