Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Problems Plotting Wipeout Frames!

Status
Not open for further replies.

11echo

Petroleum
Jun 4, 2002
US
I'm working on a project where we have a fair amount of large skids with shop built equipment, we have drawings for them and Xref them into the drawing to cut down on size and speed of operation. I have a number of connections point that I have to run pipe to and to make this easier to see I use AutoCAD wipeout command to block these areas so you can see the connection point. Everything looks good, but when we make PDF files the area designated by the wipeout frame is plotted like it has a heavy hatch pattern ...and this occurs at each location where I use these frames. I don't want to explode the blocks or bind these equipment drawings, anybody know a way I can get this to work correctly? ...I'm using AutoCAD 13 on this project.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you have an example or picture you can post? I would first check that wipeout frames are turned off in the CAD drawing (wipeout, FR, off). Is it showing in the electronic PDF, or when you plot the PDF to paper? If it's when you plot to paper, try clicking the option to "Print as Image" when printing the PDF from Adobe. It sounds like a problem I've seen a few times before

#

If I understands this correctly, you make drawings using ACAD13 and when you plot such drawings using CutePDFwriter for example to save these ACAD drawings in PDF format, the wipeout area become crosshatched when you plot the PDF drawings. About making an ACAD plot, what do you get?

I have the "frames" turned off in wipeout, I use AutoCAD plot to generate the PDF files, the PDF files look fine but when I send these PDF files to the plotter the plotter add this hatching, and only in the frame areas and in ALL areas where I use these "frames".

Have you tried the "Print as Image" option in Adobe? That has fixed this issue on past projects for me. It is a checkbox found under the Advanced options in the Print window.

#

OK I found the "print as image" switch and used it, plot came out without the hatching, but now shows the frame outline ...which is ok, not great but ok. ...THX 4 the help!

When you plot PDFs from Autocad, it keeps some of the object information for individual entities, but you can force that out by printing a new PDF from the original PDF. Just plot a new PDF from Adobe. That should reduce it down to essentially an image, without the entity data, then WYSIWYG with no plotting surprises.

It can often be fixed by updating the print driver too, or plotting to a different printer. Google the keywords: autocad PDF wipeout plotting and you should get a lot of resources for a permanent fix.

#

I have had similar problems and as suggest by IFRs, changing the print driver from cutepdf to something else solved the problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back