Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROBLEMS WITH CONSTRAINT, AND SKETCH VISIBILITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreskralj

Industrial
May 22, 2007
AR
I'm Having trouble because i can not see geometrical constraints. I have the option to constraint the points as I like, and they do work, but..... I CAN NOT SEE THEM.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It'sme again I have to add something, I already exhausted tha show constraints options, and I have no idea why this is happenging, for it to be clear : THE SYMBOLS, BE IT THE LITTLE SQUARE, OR THE PARALLEL LINES , DO NOT APPEAR IN THE SKETCH. IS THAT RIGHT OR IS SOMETHING WRONG?

That depends on whether you have the Show Constraints icon depressed or not.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

I've done that but they do not appear, i dont know if has something to do with the colour of the constraints, or their display, i've looked everywhere, buth I don't know what to do.

The display of the constraint symbols depend on the scale of the view. When you zoom in on the sketch elements, can you see the symbols then? Also, the symbols lie on the construction plane so if you rotate the display to an oblique angle it makes the symbols very difficult to see.

One other thing, if you're running UGS NX 4 or UGS NX 5, make sure that the option to actually 'Create Inferred Constraints' is toggled ON (it's the last icon on the Sketch Constraints toolbar). Prior to UGS NX 4, you didn't have that choice and so you had to delete constraints if you didn't want them, but starting in UGS NX 4, there is an option to work in a way where NO constraint are created. So if this option is Toggled OFF, there will be no constraints symbols because there are no constraints.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
UGS NX Product Line
SIEMENS
UGS PLM Software
Cypress, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back