Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems With Excel? "Failed to set Excel running" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjcole

Mechanical
Jan 8, 2003
US
Has anyone run into the following problem with Part or Expression Spreadsheets?

Error:
Failed to set Excel running

I closed UG when it froze trying to connect to spreadsheet, now it won't connect to spreadsheet for any of the parts I try.

If you've seen this problem do you know if there is an open bug on it for EDS? If not then I can have them add that along with the other bugs I've found in my short time with UG.

Michael
[3eyes][3eyes][3eyes]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I called UGS GTAC and they told me that the problem has been reported before and told me to do the following to fix it.

Open Excel separately and go to Tools -> Add-Inns
Uncheck the UG box on the list and exit Excel.
Then restart UG and try connecting to Spreadsheet.

In some cases even if you exit excel you have to shut down the process using the task manager.

Michael
[thumbsup2]

I am using Unigraphics v17.0 and recently my company has upgraded to Office XP. For some reason, UG 17 has not been able to detect Excel anymore and it prompted unknown version of Excel installed.

Is there anyway to solve this problem?

No, either down grade back to Office 2000 or upgrade to UG V18 or NX1. I don't remember which supports XP.
The version of excel is dependent on the version of UG. If you go to uganswer and ask about Excel verions, there should be a documnet or SFB covering it.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

From UG PR-01209370:
For UG V18.0.1.1 and BELOW you must have Excel 1997 or Excel 2000 installed. For V18.0.1.2 and higher, Excel 97, Excel 2000 and Excel XP are supported.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back