Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Problems with LabView 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

clay1551

Bioengineer
Jul 2, 2012
US
Recently, I have experienced problems with a VI that was written to transfer data from a custom multi-axis testing platform to the computer. The problem was not noticed until the LabView program was updated to the LabView 2010 version. Does anyone know how to get data through the serial ports on LabView 2010? It doesn't have to be relevant data to what I am doing. Our problem is just figuring out how to get LabView to recognize data on the newer version. Thanks!

-Clay Hillyard

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Run time exe or within the LabVIEW development environment?
Any errors reported?

Same OS and PC?

I have migrated an application from 8.6 to 2010 that used serial routines without any issues.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's the questions that drive us"

No it's a different PC. We believe the problem lies within the specific sub-vis that we are using (serial ports), but we are not sure what the problem is.

-Clay Hillyard

COM port assignments not the same? An error number or description would be useful to troubleshoot further.

-AK2DM

Clay:

I am coming up empty here. What function throws the error?

All I can suspect is one of the default settings for an unwired input in one of the standard shipping vi's was changed. That is typically frowned upon.

Have you tried using Windows Hyperterminal or equivalent to communicate with the tester to verify port hardware, settings, and cabling? IF that works then verify that COM settings in the program match.

There are some serial rountines that ship with LabVIEW (BasicSerialReadAndWrite), search the examples in LabVIEW for serial.

-AK2DM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back