Process Control Software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kam999

Chemical
Jun 17, 2001
CA
Hi friends,

I am a graduate student of Chemical Engg. , I need help from my seniors esp. in the field of Process Control Systems for Chemical Plants. I want to know any good institute or web site or book on the subject of software for process control ( or which computer language would be helpful in making simulation and optimization programs ) as I have heard about Hysys, Hmsis, Hysim, Aspen plus & G2 , I only know the names of these software.

Thanks,

Muhammad Ehtisham,
Toronto, Canada

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear M.Ethi

Simulation and optimization programs are too expensive. They are usually work under dangle protection. So, if you’re a graduated student of Chemical Engineer. Go to Chemical Engineer section of any university. You will find such programs like HISYS (very good program). Or you can try process engineer section of petroleum companies.

Dear Abdullah,

Thank you very much for giving atleast some guidance, are you really in this field of process conrol, do you have any idea what programming language will be used in process control & simulation programms.

Ehti.

Dear Ehti.,

There are lots of computer programming languages that can be helpful in creating simulation programs such as C++(excellent) and Fortran 77 (poor) or 90 (modified).
My advice is to use a ready package to make your simulation easy and dependable.

Abdullah

There is a control program call simulink that you could use with matlab there is a student version of the software probably available trough your university. At the university we used that program. You will be able to find literature about Simulink with Matlab trough the web and there is a book on the Prentice Hall series for control that has a chapter devoted to Simulink.

I suggest that you find demo software or others ones than Hysis or Hysim because they might be too expensive.

Frank

Hi Franky,

Thank you very much for your guidance, I am searching in my university library to get hold of any good literature on fortan77 and Matlab, first to build foundation for process control programming, Thanks to every body who contributed in this thread.

Ehtisham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back