Product reordering in CATIA V5 VBA 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tesak

Aerospace
Jul 6, 2011
CZ
Hello all,
if you have already tried to find a way how to reorder specification tree in CATIA V5 VBA, you know that it is almost impossible. Functions for reordering of CATIA tree has not yet been exposed to CATIA API. There are a few tools available on the internet and maybe you already use some of them. If you want to know how they work, you may find your answer here:

[URL unfurl="true"]http://scripts4all.eu/graph-tree-reordering-vba/[/url]

Tesak
- Text along a curve for Catia V5

Thanks Tesak, I did not know this way to interact with windows... Learned something today :)

a full code version is available from weagan22 is here

for COE member, my (humble) presentation about win API is here

enjoy

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Hi All

I have downloaded the exe from weagan22 link
and checked I have the .dll linked in CATIA V5 R21 but I get an error message
Failed to run graph tree reordering command

I have also Extracted the full Project Code but only have CATIA Internal VBA and this
does not load the Forms etc....

Can you help - as this is such a needed utility

People are still looking for this, huh? That was some garbage code I wrote back then; first thing I ever programmed, haha.

That code was written for R25. They changed the name of the reorder tool command slightly (not sure exactly the change as I don't have R21) I think it was something like "Graph tree Reorder" to "Graph tree reordering" which I think is why you are getting the error. The code isn't running the reorder tool in CATIA and thus isn't finding the reorder window that opens.

I modified the code line
CATIA.StartCommand("Graph tree Reordering")
to have Capital Letter 'R' on the word Reordering and the exe now works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back