Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Product Template Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckadam

Mechanical
Dec 10, 2012
IN
Hi Guys,

I am not able to see Product Template Studio option under
Start - UGS NX 7.5 - NX Tools. Is there a problem with Bundles of NX? Any Idea ??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's quite odd.

PTS is not part of any bundles, and bundles don't alter the Windows Start menu anyway, so it really should be there.

For reference, the default shortcut points to pts.bat in the UGII directory, if you want to set up a shortcut manually.

Does that help?

Taylor Anderson
NX Product Manager, Knowledge Reuse and NX Design
Product Engineering Software
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
(Phoenix, Arizona)

Thanks TaylorAnderson !!
It surely does help. :)

We have one of the MACH 3 Ind Design bundle and when running the pts.bat file an error comes up that says we need an authoring license. Is there something else to set?

Do you own an authoring license? :)

PTS is not part of the MACH 3 Ind Design bundle (or any bundles.)

Taylor Anderson
(Phoenix, Arizona)

I was removed from licensing input eight years ago so I'm not sure. If you're talking about the one required for knowledge fusion then the answer is no. Too bad though, it would be the perfect answer to many issues.

There's a Product Template Studio license that you'll need here. This is independent of (and costs roughly half as much as) a full Knowledge Fusion Author license.

It's a pretty awesome tool (in my ever-so-humble opinion) and if you don't have a license yet, it may be very worth your while to pursue one. :)

Hope that helps!

Taylor Anderson
(Phoenix, Arizona)

avi19 --

A "Product Template Studio Consumer" license must be present in order to use the Product Template interface associated with a part.

The part itself can always be modified normally, via the expressions, features, etc.

Taylor Anderson
(Phoenix, Arizona)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back