Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PROFIS Anchor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngDM

Structural
Aug 10, 2021
CA
Does anyone know if Hilti PROFIS Anchor is still available for standalone download, or is it wrapped into the profis engineering suite now? I see some old posts on here with screenshots of the program but I can't seem to find it online.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hilti profis is a cloud based software now. There is the premium version with additional features, however the base program is still available for free.

Online web app only from now on it appears. I had an older version on my computer that was not web-based and I could use it anywhere without internet connection, but I stupidly updated it and now I am forced to use the web app only. The web app does go down occasionally, but I haven't had any issues importing old designs into it.

The online version is pretty good, but for some reason they're selling licences for the pro version through their distributers in each country. And mine haven't bothered offering a pro license.
In a global market, why not just sell it through hilti.com?

Dewalt is also offering a free, stand alone anchorage program: Dewalt Design Assist.

The benefit to this program is that it has Hilti's products as options for design. (Dewalt wants to sell you their anchor products, so they want you to be able to directly compare capacities for their stuff and Hilti).

Please note that is a "v" (as in Violin) not a "y".

If you use RISA, there's the advantage that you can export RISA Connection baseplate designs into Hilti Profis. Granted, that feature is currently not working, but it was nice when it did and hopefully it will again soon.

CrabbyT said:
Simpson still offers free anchor design software.

Problem is Simpson doesn't use yield lines to determine uplift, but rather FEA (I believe). This leads to "Iteration stopped cannot find solution" errors with several different bolt configurations that when using the Hilti free software, it can find.

Both Simpson and the Free version of Hilti use rigid plate assumptions and last time I back checked them a triangular stress block, Simpson may not have as robust of a solver, bad initial guess conditions, or a bit of both the problem gets pretty unstable with odd configurations.

The theory behind the solution process is outlined in a white paper by Bentley: Link

This thread illustrates some of the solver issues I ran into: Link

For Hilti always make sure and review their detailed report as that is the only location where they report the concrete stress and provide no indicators if this is beyond ACI bearing stress limits.

Celt83 said:
For Hilti always make sure and review their detailed report as that is the only location where they report the concrete stress and provide no indicators if this is beyond ACI bearing stress limits.

Yea I saw this in another thread, kind of nuts that it doesn't even warn you.

Celt83 said:
EngDM said:
Yea I saw this in another thread, kind of nuts that it doesn't even warn you.
Especially considering you enter the concrete strength as part of the inputs. You'd think it would be a simple warning to add that the required strength via analysis exceeds the input strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back