Property Tab Builder-Custom Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondcat

Automotive
Aug 21, 2002
US
SWX 2010 SP0.0

1) I recently (today) learned how to use the Property Tab Builder, I have created a .prtprp file and can use it in my part files. When I go into a drawing file and hit the Custom Properties Tab, it does not give me the option to select template files that I created and used previously, it just gives me the option to Create Now. So my thought was that I need to create a different custom property template file, not a .prtprp file, for drawings. Like maybe a .drwprp? But I tried to do this in the Property Tab Builder and when I go to save, the only option I get is to save it as a .prtprp file.
I do have my File Location for my Custom Property Files set correctly.

2) Is there a program that I can use to batch add custom properties to a bunch of drawing that have already been created? I used to use a program called Change Properties but that was back in the old days, maybe SWX 2004.

3) One side note, I tried to do a search on Eng-tips for "custom" and the newest posts it finds are from 2007. I just saw a posting from this week with Custom in the title though.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Custom Properties Tab requires a separate .xxxPRP file for each module of Solidworks. They should be different based on what properties you want to have & control in each.

Thanks for the resplys.

The help page doesn't help me with my particular problem, that I can see.
My problem is that I cannot find out where in the Property Tab Builder to select:
.prtprp for parts
.asmprp for assemblies
.drwprp for drawings
When I create the template and do SaveAs the only option in the 'Save As Type' box is the .prtprp.
How can I save it as a .drwprp?

I did find a real cool custom property program that allows me to change alot of files at once. Although I got it off of the UK & Ireland Solidworks site, I can't find it on the US one.

Grunt58
Thanks! I was clicking in the GroupBox and nothing was happening, but once I clicked OUTSIDE of the Group box I saw the part/Drawing selection option.

49again
I will look into it, but that program I found works perfectly for what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back