PRV with Dual Certification - ASME & CE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdanPV

Mechanical
Aug 26, 2019
IL
Hello all,

I need your help with finding a pressure relief valve for steam application that has dual certificate - ASME ("UV" Stamped) and CE (PED 2014/68/EU).

Some general information regarding the PRV I am looking for:
Approvals: ASME/NB certified "UV" stamped, CRN, "CE" marked.
Inlet Size: 1/4" NPT.
Set Pressure: 40psi/2.8 Bar.

I've been trying to find PRVs from "HEROSE", "Kingston" and "Apollo" but none of them match me needs.

Any help will be much apricated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Most established ASME PRV manufacturers have certified their products to PED.

Your main problem is the inlet size of 1/4"

Note that if liquid application, the smallest permissible inlet size following ASME XIII is 1/2".

Brands to try are Kunkle (Emerson), Bailey (Emerson), Seetru (UK)

*** Per ISO-4126, the generic term 'Safety Valve' is used regardless of application or design ***

*** 'Pressure-relief Valve' is the equivalent ASME/API term ***

The Obturator, Thanks for you response.
It is steam application, indeed, the 1/4" is an issue here.
Kunkle and Bailey don't do 1/4" PRV.
Seetru has 1/4" but only CE marked.

There are limited PRV's in size 1/4" but not for steam. The ones that do exist are mainly for steam loco model makers and/or espresso machines which don't generally have ASME or PED. What is your application and why the need for both ASME and PED?

*** Per ISO-4126, the generic term 'Safety Valve' is used regardless of application or design ***

Application: small sterilizers machines (autoclaves)
I need both ASME and PED because holding one type of inventory is cheaper and my company sells worldwide.

In that case, it may be worth your while to review both the scope of ASME and PED to determine if equipment such as autoclaves are actually covered.

I seem to recall PED not including equipment such as 'simple pressure vessels' of a certain volume.

You best tackle this with your engineering/QA people to determine whether ASME and PED apply.

Failing that, your best solution would be get a manufacturer with existing ASME and get them to obtain PED certification for the selected size/type of PRV based on the potential of future business of sales of your autoclaves. Either that or consider a larger size PRV and/or bursting disc.

"our best solution would be get a manufacturer with existing ASME and get them to obtain PED certification for the selected size/type of PRV based on the potential of future business of sales of your autoclaves"
Exactly what I did, waiting for an answer.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back