Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pt limit output VA meaning 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjeservice

Electrical
Jan 21, 2005
LB
i need to know what is the meaning of ( limit output=200VA ) written on the name plate of a potential transfomer of 6600/100 volt ratio, with a rated output of ( 30 VA ) this pt is single phase class=0.5 transformer.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would guess this is the thermal burden rating, meaning that it can put out up to 200 VA without overheating. However, once 30 VA is exceeded, it will no longer meet the 0.5 accuracy class.

Dear scottf
in another pt name palte with two output coils of
(( 6600/square root(3),100/(sqare root(3),100/3 )) ratio, i read these data:

outlet terminal marking: a,n : da,dn
rated output (VA) : 30 : 50
accuracy class : 0.5 : 6P
----------------------------------------------------
limit output : 200 (VA)

now we have a two coils of 30&50 VA but also one limit output of 200 VA
could this limit output has a relation to the fuse connected to the input of potential transformer

thank you very much for any replay

bjeservice,

It would be impractical - nearly impossible - to provide a primary fuse at 6.6kV which would limit the input to 200VA. Such fuses don't simply exist as far as I know.

----------------------------------

One day my ship will come in.
But with my luck, I'll be at the airport!

bjeservice-

I agree with ScottyUK. The 200 VA, as you listed, just about has to be the thermal burden rating, which is to be considered total between the 2 windings.

In reality, I would suspect that the real thermal burden rating is much higher, but as you listed the nameplate data, that is about the only thing it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back