Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PTO shaft adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

grune

Agricultural
Mar 15, 2004
US
I have a Deutz DX 160 agricultural tractor with a 1000 rpm pto. I would like to convert it to a 540 rpm. The Deutz dealer said Deutz did not offer an interchangeable pto shaft for this model. I would like to find a gear-reducer that has a female 21 spline input(1000 rpm) with a male 6 spline output shaft(540 rpm). I know there are adapters that slide onto the existing 21 spline, 1000 rpm shaft to convert it to a 6 spline 540 shaft. The trouble with this is your engine is running only about 1/2 of what it was for the 1000 rpm. This reduces your horsepower and lugs the engine. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
I'm not able to help you by myself, but have you try to ask some others dealer, maybe from others trademark?
Or maybe another Deutz dealer that could know another "tip"...
Hope you'll find!

Bye

Hi,
If you reduce the PTO output velocity through one gear-reducer, the tractor power output is the same. You change speed with force.
Bye

The purpose of the 1000 rpm style shaft is the 6 spline design can't handle over 80 hp or so at 540 rpm. (ie the torque becomes too much) How many hp does your tractor produce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back