Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pv fabrication shop optimum dimensions and layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

javan210

Mechanical
Mar 26, 2010
IR
Dear Friends,
We are going to establish a new fabrication shop for CS and SS pressure vessels, and Processing Columns.
Could you please tell me how can I find some technical hints about optimum dimensions (like the heigth behind the crane hook, length and weidth,... and layout of the machineries,...)
Thank you in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Don't you think it better than to ask the competition for help? Ha! Most of the guys on here work for or own their own facilities. They may not want to add to the RFQ pool.

I have been working on layout & design of a new B&PV shop as well. I've just flat outgrown what we're in.

You need to consider the dimensions of the vessels & columns you want to handle before you can even start thinking about cranes, machinery, layout, access, etc. Let the maximum dimensions & weights of what you want to build determine how you set up your shop. When you get all of this figured out, then figure out how much you can afford to spend and add 25%. There are always some things that you will want to add when you get up and running. eg Roller capacity to handle over 80T (DOH!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back