Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queries about abaqus command line and steps with respect to load and unload situation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer12

Mechanical
Feb 24, 2019
GB
Greetings,

a) Command line:

When I try to enter "abaqus job=Triangular_fibre suspend" into command line in Abaqus CAE, it gives a syntax error. When I try the same command in cmd or abaqus command the error says that it could, not determine the client ID of the job request albeit after changing the directory as well!

b) Just a general question regarding a general load and unload situation; correct my analogy if I am wrong:

Say I decide to model a dynamic load in which the load is held at x magnitude for a time and then the the model is unloaded completely for b time, then I shall model in step manager as follows: make TWO STEP TIMES: one with a time period and one with b time period (i am talking here with with exclusion of initial step). The second of the two steps will have no loading case whilst the first one will have a loading case.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

a) So you want to suspend a job ? Try this: "abaqus suspend job=job_name" (switch places of these two parts). Also make sure that the job name is correct and open CMD in the folder where job files are. It's also possible that there's a problem with default "abaqus" command. Try abqXXXX (where XXXX is Abaqus version - for example 2018) instead.

b) You can use two steps for that but why not to define such amplitude curve that the whole load history will be included and use it in one step ?

Thanks for your help. I am using two steps as i am running short on time on my disso and i can't be bother waiting days more for results to come again.

Thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back