Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on NFPA20 Pump Sensing Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

annoynimous

Mechanical
Jul 24, 2020
MY
Hope someone could help me out.

As it is our first time designing a NFPA pump sensing line, the common diagram always features two test connections at A (near the control valve) or B (near the control panel pressure switch), with 2 sets of globe valves at each point.

However, I have also seen some custom diagram where there's only a single test point right beside the pressure switch at the control panel and nothing at the control valve point.

Does anyone know if it is mandatory to install both test connections of A and B for a complete sensing line?

Thank you !

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have a look at the picture in the NFPA 20 Annex (A4.31(a) in the 2016 edition), right at the bottom of the detail, centered between the letters 'A' and 'B' is the statement "Test connection at A or B"

hi sk designer,

thanks a lot for the clarification, based on this simple sentence I will assume we only need one test connection at each line! (and save some globe valves)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back