Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on program for tracking spreadsheet edits

Status
Not open for further replies.

mricks

Civil/Environmental
Mar 13, 2009
CA
I work for a utility. We use a spreadsheet for meter design, no built in functionality just formatting. With our current process, the design sheet flows in this order: Marketing, Engineering, Measurement, Procurement, Operations, Billing/Collections. Currently, we have experienced some problems with projects falling through the cracks. I am looking for an approach that would allow someone to track the current status of all meter sets. Ideally, there would be a database or something with the active projects listed. Each time the next group performed their edits, email notification would be sent to the next in line and the database would be updated. It would be best if it could be automated as much as possible. Any ideas of what to use?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The only things I can think of offhand, are Bugzilla ( which is free, and DOORS, which is not. DOORS is also gross overkill, but its signature signoff mechanism does what I think you are describing. Likewise, Bugzilla's email notification process might do the same, but I haven't actually used that way.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back