Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"High Pressure sea water pumps for RO" 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there in the market high pressure pumps for sea water up to 330 gpm @ 730 psi ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

mitl,

Holy Crap!! are you lookin for a pump that will move 330gpm with a pressure differential of 730 psi? (1690 feet of head !! This would have to be a multi-stage centrifugal pump made from premium materials !!!??!!

This sounds something like a "boiler feedwater pump" running on seawater! Lets say you have an total efficency of 65%..... This means you have a horsepower requirement of about 172 horsepower - a 200 hp pump !!!

Huge $$$$$$$$$

Look at the goulds Model 3310H.... I think that you will be heading along these lines....

Can you use two or three pumps in parallel for this service ?? Can you use cheaper materials and run the pumps for only a short time !!??

Let us know more details....

regards

MJC

Try Gardner Denver or any other oilfield mud pump manufacturer, GD supplies duplex and triplex pumps with various trims including those suitable for salt water. HP up to 2000, capacity up to 600gpm, and pressure up to 7500 psi.

We have a lot of experience with RO pumps. Use SUNDYNE(american pump manufacturer) high speed integral geared centrifugal pumps, as these are a perfect fit for seawater RO applications. Don't waste time with any one else.

Plunger pumps (positive displacement reciprocating pumps) are well suited to this type of application and are much more economical and inexpensive than trying to use a multi-stage centrifugal.

I would suggest looking at manufacturers like FMC, Union, or National (Wheatley). There are many others, but these guys have experience and commonly deal in the mettalurgy reuquired. I suggest that you only consider using 2205 duplex as Ni-Al-Brz or even 316 wetted materials will be a dissapiontment over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back