Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Trying to design a soldier pile la

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanMcGrew

Structural
Mar 2, 2018
US
"Trying to design a soldier pile lagging wall using SPW911"
Tried to respond to your thread: thread255-412809 but I guess I was late, thread was closed.
PE was correct SPW911 will not do Soldier Pile walls.
I used ShoringSuite for years I've also used SPW911, TB Wall, and a proprietary program that only did Fixed Earth. but recently started using RE Shoring Wall. It does both Sheet Pile and Soldier pile, is LRFD designed, and has an option for Fixed Earth or Free Earth embedment. It does supported and cantilevered walls and has a bunch of other features. I used to use a couple of different programs depending on the wall type and embedment condition (SPW911 would do Fixed Earth, Shoring Suite dose not), but I haven't had to use anything else since I purchased this.

I suggested RE Shoring Wall because the in the original post he was having to do an LRFD designed Soldier Pile wall. With SupportIt you have to multiply the load factors by the loads before you enter them, then delete them, refactor, and reenter the loads for each load case, Shoring Suite is the same. RE Shoring Wall has load factor fields for each load, so after you enter the loads you just change the load factor for each load case.

Got it. I can't recall the LRFD factors for all of the parameters but SupportIT does have Ka and Kp soil factors. You would have to adjust surcharge load factors manually but non of that is all that arduous.

Shoring Suite allows entering both load factors and resistance factors for earth and surcharge loads. There aren't many load combinations (or different load factors) required for sheeting walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back