Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QW-404.33

Status
Not open for further replies.

salvo1609

Petroleum
Jul 15, 2014
IT

Qw-404.33 has to be displayed in WPS process in GTAW. If i changed the material i don't need the requalification but how I have to type in WPS. it is not applicable (N.A.) or not used ( Not Used )

Salvo
( italy)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That one is never "n/a"

Look at the F-Number table; QW-432.
So for austenitic stainless P & A-6, with an F# of 6, you show the SFA# [assuming that you want to OK the use of any filler, if it matches]

Thus "SFA-5.9"

In addition to what Duwe6 mentioned, review this paper by ASME on reviewing welding related docs.
Youll find an N/A is never an acceptable value for any variable.

Guys,
With all due respect I have to disagree.

Interpretation: IX-89-03
Subject: Section IX, QW:-l00.1 and QW-200.1
Question (1): Is it required that all of the essential and nonessential variables listed in QW-250
through QW.280 for each welding process be addressed in the WPS, even though some of these
variables are not applicable?
Reply (1): Yes.

If I use QW 482 as the basis for all my WPS's I will have numerous cases of N/A.
As an example
If I have a GTAW WPS I must list all essential and non-essential variables listed in QW-250 through QW-280 for that welding process as noted above.
However, any variables relevant to the SAW process (as an example) will be N/A.

Of course, one could write their WPS's so they are only applicable to that particular welding process but in 30 years of reviewing WPS's I have never seen that occur.

Cheers,
DD

indeed the 404.33 with specific heat is not possible to use because that heat number of filler material is finished
GTAW 482 say no essenzial variable, in wps document therefore can be N/A inc ase i don't have material and don't use in case my company choice to have a new supply of filler material.

I'm asking if this is good interpretation.

Salvo,
As per my response if you have a GTAW WPS and you have a variable listed for that process (QW 404.33) then you must list something - not N/A or Not Used.
Duwe6 has given you your answer,
Cheers,
DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back